Friday, March 16, 2012

Character



 Say you're developing a story and you have a character you like.  You know how you want the character to speak, act, look.  Have you seen these mannerisms before?  Probably. The above dragon doodle is, Serafina Jenkins, one of the main characters in my soon to be published middle-grade fantasy novel.  Her character was influenced by my Mom.They don't look much alike, but they had certain characteristics in common.  My Mom's mannerisms also influenced another character within the book, Mrs. Trecotten.  The fun thing about developing characters is that you can take a bit from everyone you know and make an amalgamation
of familiar, interesting, exotic, peculiar, etc.
mannerisms, patterns, and or behaviors. In future posts
I'll introduce some other characters I'm having fun developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment